Who we are
Our website address is: https://ecogiving.org
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SITE
This acceptable use policy sets out rules in relation to EcoGiving.org websites that apply when you upload content to EcoGiving.org websites.
By visiting EcoGiving.org websites you accept and agree to comply with this acceptable use policy, which supplements EcoGiving.org’s websites terms and conditions and EcoGiving.org’s privacy and cookie policies. If you do not agree to these rules, you must not use the EcoGiving.org websites.
We recommend that you print a copy of these rules for future reference.
If you would like to contact EcoGiving.org about this acceptable use policy, please see the contact details set out on the EcoGiving.org websites.
1.Your use of EcoGiving.org websites
You may use EcoGiving.org websites only for lawful purposes.
You may not use EcoGiving.org websites:
- in any way that is or may be unlawful or fraudulent or in a way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam)
- interruption or failure of communication or transportation facilities
- to knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of EcoGiving.org websites in contravention of the provisions of our terms of website use.
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of EcoGiving.org websites or any software or equipment used in the provision of EcoGiving.org websites (whether owned or used by EcoGiving.org or a third party).
- EcoGiving.org Content Code
EcoGiving.org customers may contribute feedback on the products purchased through EcoGiving.org websites. If you do contribute material to the EcoGiving.org websites, whether directly reviewing products on EcoGiving.org websites, contributing through social media or through any other interactive services associated with EcoGiving.org websites (“Contribution”), your contribution must be accurate, be genuine and be legal.
Your Contribution must not:
- be illegal, defamatory, violent, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism
- be discriminative based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
- be likely to deceive, harass, upset, embarrass, alarm, annoy or cause needless anxiety for another person
- infringe copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person, promote or incite any person to commit or partake in an unlawful or criminal act or post any contribution that contains advertising or promotes any services or third party web links
The Content Code applies to each part of any contribution you make, as well as to its whole.
We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Code.
3.What happens if you breach these rules
If we consider that you have breached the rules in this acceptable use policy we may take such action to restrict or preclude your access to EcoGiving.org websites as we deem appropriate. This may result in EcoGiving.org taking some or all of the following actions (or any other actions that we deem to be appropriate), which may be temporary or permanent:
- you may be issued with a warning
- your right to use EcoGiving.org websites may immediately be withdrawn
- any Contribution uploaded by you to EcoGiving.org websites may immediately be withdrawn
- we may take further legal action against you
- to the extent that we believe it is reasonably necessary, or required by law, we may disclose information to law enforcement authorities